CLINICAL EVALUATION OF ‘JATAMANSI SIDDHA TAILA’ SHIRO-DHARA ON ANXIETY-NEUROSIS
In the modern era, life style is changing rapidly. Life is becoming fast and more techno-savvy and time for relaxation is decreasing. Prevalence of Anxiety Neurosis is increasing due to high levels of stress at work and personal fronts, which causes loss in work efficiency. In the recent studies it has been found that Anxiety patients form 30% of total psychiatric patients and about 5% of total population suffers from it.
The present study was undertaken to assess the efficacy of Shirodhara Chikitsa, as it acts on Manovaha Srotasa with following objectives and results.
- To assess the effect of JatamansiSiddhaTaila Shirodhara on Anxiety neurosis by clinical trials
- To find out the efficacy, dose, any side effects of Shirodhara.
- Total 60 patients of Anxiety Neurosis were randomly selected and studied from Panchakarma Department, B.V.’s Ayurved Hospital, Pune. These patients were divided into two groups and given Shirodhara by Jatamansisiddhataila and TilaTaila.
- By giving Shirodhara with JatamansiSiddhaTaila for 14 days, we get promising results 73.33% in Anxiety Neurosis and no relapses were seen in a follow up of 6 months.
- No significant results were found in group given Shirodhara with TilaTaila and also relapse was seen.
- Shirodhara by JatamansiSiddhaTaila, proved to be good treatment modality in the view of long term relief of Anxiety Neurosis as it acts by strengthening Manovaha srotasa and not just by suppressing vitiated Dosha.
- No serious adverse effects were found.
The author(s) will retain copyright and permit the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that permits others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
The entire contents of the JAHM are protected under Indian and international copyrights. The Journal, however, allows free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, perform and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works in any digital medium for any reasonable non-commercial purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship and ownership of the rights. The journal also permits the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal non-commercial use under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
In case of JAHM does not publish said work, the author(s) will be so notified and all rights assigned hereunder will be given back to the author(s).
All accepted works should not be published anywhere without prior written permission from JAHM. The author(s) hereby declare that they are sole author(s) of the work, that all authors have contributed and agree with the content and conclusions of the work, that the work is original, and does not infringe upon any copyright, propriety, or personal right of any third party, and that no part of it nor any work has been submitted to another journal.